AFTER YOU APPLY
Welcome to Cyprus Science University. Below you will find important information to help you prior to your arrival in North Cyprus at Cyprus Science University.
- For all visitors, passports must be valid for at least six months and have two clear pages free.
- Students should check their position with regard to passports and visas with the nearest Turkish Embassy or Office of Representative of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. Since all flights to North Cyprus have a stop-over in Turkey (Istanbul or Ankara), all students and visitors must check their country’s transit visa regulations for Turkey as well.
- Please check Visa requirements and arrange your visa prior to booking your flights.
- Cyprus Science University does not currently have dormitories, but we are here to advise you and give you
information about local dormitories.
Visit the Accommodation webpage for information on dormitories. Accommodation is limited so we
request that you arrange accommodation prior to arrival.
- Once you have registered, you will be given login details for the Student Portal. This is where you will access your timetable and other important information you need to help you with your studies.
- You will be able to view your full timetable after completing on-campus registration. As part of the Orientation programme you will have the opportunity to meet with your department advisor to confirm your module registration, and to adjust class lists if there are any clashes.
- We recommend that you choose a few alternatives in case you are not accepted on your first choices.
- If you choose to live in dormitories you will be required to pay a deposit and a payment plan will be given depending on the accommodation.
- Please check prior to arrival about your payment details for accommodation.
- We recommend that you purchase appropriate travel and health insurance in your home country before coming to North Cyprus.
- You should obtain all visas and book accommodation before arranging flights.
- You will be required to pay the second installment fee when you arrive during registration.
Plan your arrival
- Prior to your arrival we ask you to complete the flight information form, at least 72 hours before your departure, informing us of all your travel details. Once you have completed this form, we will arrange a free airport pickup service to meet you upon your arrival in North Cyprus.
Enjoy your studies
- A full schedule of events for the Orientation program will be available upon arrival. The schedule will include: welcome and information talks, departmental module confirmation, tours, and official on-campus
If you have any questions before you arrive please contact us: [email protected]
Checklist: before departure
- Make a financial plan;
- Ensure you have sufficient funds to support yourself;
- Apply for grants and/or scholarships;
- Ensure you have enough cash (in euros) to cover your expenses for the first couple of weeks in North Cyprus.
- Make sure your passport is valid for the time that you’ll be staying in North Cyprus and check with the authorities in your home country how many months your passport still needs to be valid for when you return there;
- Prepare the necessary documents for your visa and/or residence permit (if applicable), and if you need a visa, obtain it before you travel;
- Prepare the necessary documents for your registration (if applicable);
- Arrange your healthcare (and other) insurance;
- Decide how and when to get to Noth Cyprus / Kyrenia (book tickets (if applicable));
- Sign up for the pick-up service (Flight Information Form) from Ercan International Airport,
- Arrange accommodation, at least for your first few nights.
- Like the International Office Page on Facebook and stay up-to-date about relevant topics for (new) international students;
- Subscribe to Cyprus Science University’s YouTube channel
- Appoint someone you trust to act as your representative. For instance, for your bank account: if you lose your bankcard, it will be easier if someone in your home country is authorized to arrange a new one for you.