All international students have to apply for a residence permit upon arrival. In order to complete Immigration Procedures, it is mandatory to enter TRNC with a passport.
Immigration procedures are completed online.
Follow the steps listed below to complete the process:
- Visit http://www.icisleri.gov.ct.tr website and select> Online İşlemler > Öğrenci İzinleri
- Start your registration and fill the form. This information has to match with the information which is shown on your KIUS Student Portal. (System validates that you are a student.)
Follow the steps for getting a health report.
- If you have a valid health report, click “I have a valid health report”
- i. Please go to the District Hospital, in which the University is located.
- ii. Get your health report certified, in that Hospital.
- iii. Make your payment for “health report fee”, via the system.
- If you do not have a valid health report, click “I do not have a valid health report”
- i. Make your payment for “laboratory tests fee”, via the system.
- ii. Get your lab tests performed in the Laboratory which the system provides its name and address.
- According to the health report, make your payment for “immigration fee”, via the system.
If your health reports are incomplete or you do not have any, then the local governments will send you to the state hospital for medical tests. It may take 5-6 days to get the results. For Turkish Students who come from Turkey, medical reports need to be taken Turkish state hospital.
- For Online Immigration Procedures, please visit the International Office.
- Immigration office sends your verification code to your e-mail and mobile number, therefore, submit your current details to the system.
- Students who complete the registration procedures are required to complete the immigration procedures within the period of time provided upon their entry to TRNC.
- Students who fail to complete the immigration procedures within the specified period of time will be subject to a daily penalty due to not holding a legal residence permit.
- Students coming from third countries are obliged to renew their health reports every year. Students coming from Turkey are obliged to renew their health reports every 2 years.